Cooking with the Hobo Stove – One Pan 20 Minute Taco Dinner
One Pan 20 Minute Taco Dinner
If you love Taco’s then you will love this easy and super quick Taco Dinner.
It’s a perfect dish to prepare on the Kelly Kettle Hobo stove and is great for some quick comfort food after a long day hiking, fishing or lounging around the campsite.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups Minute® White Rice, uncooked
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 large tomato, chopped
1. Spray large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Add meat and brown over medium-high heat; drain off excess fat.
2. Add seasoning mix and water; stir. Bring to boil.
3. Stir in rice. Sprinkle with cheese; cover. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes. Top with lettuce and tomato just before serving.
Leave the rice at home and bring pre-made taco shells. You can heat up a can of refried beans in the cook set pot and your headed for a great Mexican meal ala camping.