Grilled Blue Cheese-Basil Burgers – Cookin’ on the Hobo Stove
Sometimes camp food can get a bit boring! These burgers are delicious and brilliant! Great for camping, or even take your Kelly Kettle to the neighborhood park for a fun family adventure. A wholesome meal cooked fresh and easily with your Hobo Stove.
Camp Cookin’ Tip:
Prepare these burgers at home; press into patties. Stack with parchment or wax paper between patties. Wrap in plastic wrap and then tin foil (to help keep them cool in your cooler). Much easier to prepare at home and be ready to throw them in the pan and cook fast for hungry campers! Use a larger pan than shown for cooking multiple burgers.
- 1 pound ground sirloin, or extra lean beef
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 (4 ounce) container crumbled Blue Cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Tomatoes, onion and lettuce
- Burger buns
- Mustard and Ketchup if desired
1. Preheat the Kelly Kettle to a medium-high heat. Lightly oil grill grate, and place about 4 inches from heat source. A fry pan will work for these, as well.
2. Mix the ground sirloin, garlic, onion powder, Blue cheese, and basil together in a large bowl until evenly blended. Divide mixture evenly to form four patties.
3. Cook burgers on preheated grill until meat is evenly browned and center is no longer pink, about 5 minutes on each side.
4. Then place burger onto the buns and add your toppings and chow down!